When you schedule an appointment to see one of our hearing care professionals at Oviatt Hearing and Balance, think about some of the questions you have about your hearing and start putting together a list. We are happy to answer your questions, and welcome them. It is important that you feel comfortable and informed about your hearing. To help you out, we have put together a list of common questions you might want to add to your list for your upcoming audiology appointment.
- What is causing my hearing loss? This is probably one of the important things you will want to know. To help us uncover all the details, be sure to bring your health records so we can get a better understanding of your medical history. Also bring a list of all the medications you are taking including information about the frequency and dosage.
- What type of hearing loss do I have? There are different types of hearing loss and we might recommend different treatment depending on this diagnosis.
- Do both of my ears have hearing loss? If yes, is it the same type of hearing loss? Most of the time hearing loss affects both ears; but in some cases there can be a one-sided hearing loss.
- Is there anything I can do to prevent further hearing loss? We are always eager and happy to discuss ways to protect your hearing.
- How can my family and friends help me adjust to hearing loss and/or hearing aids? This is a great question to have the answers to. Since communication is greatly affected by hearing loss, it is important to map out a way for family and friends to help you adjust.
- Will hearing aids help? How much better will I hear with hearing aids? Hearing aids are the primary treatment option for most types of hearing loss. We can explain if they will help you and how much better you will be able to hear with hearing aids.
- Do you have hearing aids that will work for my particular listening needs, my lifestyle, and my budget? The answer here is a definite yes; however, when you ask this question, we can discuss each point with you so that you are sure to get a customized solution that fits your every need.
- What is the cost for hearing aids and what does my insurance cover? As we mentioned above, we can ensure that hearing aids fit your budget. We will work with your insurance and your budget to ensure that you are able to get the hearing aids you need.
- What type of maintenance is needed for my hearing aids? Hearing aids are delicate, intricate technical devices. We help show you how to take care of them to ensure they work optimally and last long.
- Will I need other devices to connect to my hearing aids? Hearing aid accessories are optional, but they often help you connect to the world around you. We can show you how.
- What to do if my hearing aids break or need repairs? We will cover all these scenarios for you to give you peace of mind about what to do even if this happens after hours.
Oviatt Hearing & Balance – We Listen
Give us a call. Make an appointment. Change your life.
At Oviatt Hearing & Balance, we are always here to help you through all aspects of your hearing health. If you have any questions about tinnitus, hearing loss, or hearing aids, please contact us to schedule an appointment with one of our hearing professionals today. We have four convenient audiology center locations in New York: Camillus, Manlius, Oswego, and Syracuse.